As an Independent Financial Services firm authorised with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) the regulator has set out its rules in relation to handling client complaints. In order to meet these rules, we have put the following procedures in place:
You’re at the heart of what we do
- We’re constantly working to provide you with excellent customer service and we always welcome your feedback.
- We’re committed to dealing efficiently and effectively with your complaint and we take all complaints very seriously.
- Our commitment doesn’t stop there — we record, evaluate and analyse our complaints to help us improve the level of service we give our customers.
Keeping you informed
- If we haven’t fully dealt with your complaint within 10 working days, we’ll write to you to explain what we’ve done so far and, if possible, let you know when we’ll be able to send you a final decision letter.
- We’ll provide you with regular updates about how your complaint is progressing.
Complaints for other firms
- Sometimes a complaint is really for another firm. In this case, we’ll refer it to the relevant firm within five working days. We’ll also write to you to let you know we’ve done this, and give you the other firm’s contact details.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If you are not satisfied with our final response, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge.
- If you decide to take your complaint to the FOS then you must do so within six months of the date of our final decision letter, as the FOS may not consider any complaint made after this time.
- Taking a complaint to the FOS won’t affect your legal rights.
You can find more information about the FOS and what it can help with on its website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Handling complaints better
We frequently ask for feedback on our complaint handling process.
- If you’re sent a feedback questionnaire, we’d really appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to respond.
- Full details on how to do this will be provided in the questionnaire.
When you press SUBMIT, you voluntarily choose to provide personal details to us via this website. Personal information will be treated as confidential by us and held in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation. You agree that such personal information may be used to provide you with details of services and products in writing, by email or by telephone.